Information on Political Investigations
From ALG FOIA Files
Wisconsin Government Accountability Board
March 16, 2014
- Any record of the Government Accountability Board (GAB) that
- Mentions or is related to Friends of Scott Walker, Wisconsin Club for Growth, Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce, Citizens for a Strong America, RJ Johnson, Valerie Johnson, Coalition Partners, L.L.C., Deborah Jordahl, Keith Gilkes, or Kelly Rindfleisch, and that
- relates to or records an action of the GAB authorizing the filing of a civil complaint ; or
- relates to or records an action of the GAB referring a matter to a district attorney or other prosecutor for investigation or prosecution; or
- contains a finding that a complaint does not raise a reasonable suspicion that a violation of the law has occurred; or
- contains a finding, following an investigation, that no probable cause exists to believe that a violation of the law has occurred.
- Any records of the GAB that identify the (a.) name and (b.) salary or rate of compensation of every “investigative or prosecutorial hire.” For the purposes of this request, an “investigative or prosecutorial hire” means any person hired by GAB or entering into a contract with GAB to work as an employee or independent contractor for purposes of conducting investigations or prosecutions regarding the campaign finance laws, from January 1, 2012 to present.
- FOIA Request, March 16, 2014
- Government Accountability Board Response, February 6, 2015
ALG Reference No.